Help Inspire Confidence and Empower Excellence
Navigating one’s career journey with courage and clarity calls for insightful and compassionate support.
As a peer mentor, you will help inspire confidence and empower excellence by sharing your professional experience and expertise with fellow grads, no matter if they’re just starting out, looking to advance or making a transition in their career journey. A simple coffee meeting or phone conversation with a mentee can make a big impact!
Because this program addresses a mentee’s needs at any stage of their journey, we also need mentors at various stages of their own journey.*
We will be opening up UCalgary Mentor Link to current students in the fall of 2019, so mentors will have the opportunity to help future alumni launch their careers.
The benefits of mentoring:
- give the gift of your time and knowledge to help build up your alumni community;
- gain valuable volunteer, coaching and leadership skills;
- expand your network and increase peer recognition;
- establish yourself as an industry leader; and
- increase job satisfaction — or re-energize your career.
As an alumni mentor, you may choose to connect with your peer mentee in a variety of online and in-person activities, including:
- on-demand career conversations;
- professional development;
- career advice;
- information meetings;
- industry insights; and
(We ask for a minimum commitment of one hour each month to connect with mentees.)
*Mentor eligibility: The UCalgary Mentor Link program is open to all UCalgary Alumni mentors with three or more years of post-graduation experience. Program intake is ongoing, so if you feel that you would make a great mentor, sign up today!