Leveraging LinkedIn

These resources will help you understand how to utilize the world’s largest professional networking site.

Leveraging LinkedIn, Part 2

With over 500 million members in 200 countries, LinkedIn has become essential to any job seeker’s toolkit.

Watch this webinar recording for a deeper dive into how to use LinkedIn to network and to secure your next job. We will build on the tips from our first session and show you how you can develop a strategy to take your LinkedIn efforts further, including how to obtain recommendations, develop a branded headline and how LinkedIn evaluates your profile.

Leveraging LinkedIn, Part 1

Networking is more important than ever. Only 15% of jobs available are advertised which means that the other 85% can only be found through networking. LinkedIn has become essential to any networker’s toolkit.  

Watch this webinar recording for a high-level overview of what you need to know to get the most value from LinkedIn in your job search including:

  • Steps required to complete a strong profile
  • Profile Optimization and Branding

 


Helpful Articles

Get insider tips from your fellow alumni on how best to utilize LinkedIn.

 

Articles by alumnus Clifford Wessel, BA’89, integral coach, 02yellow Inc.

LinkedIn 101: From Beginner to All-Star in 8 Easy Steps!

LinkedIn 201: Profile Optimization and Branding

LinkedIn 301: Becoming an Active Member

 

Articles by alumna Michelle Cook, BA’96, career and education counsellor, Calgary Career Counselling

Looking for a Job? Why You Should Create an All-Star LinkedIn Profile

LinkedIn Don’ts: Are You Making These 5 Mistakes?

 

Additional Resources

Here are additional resources to help you leverage LinkedIn.

LinkedIn resources

Searching on LinkedIn

Using Boolean Search on LinkedIn

 

Alberta Learning Information Service (ALIS) resources

Using Social Media for Job Search